AMA member wins new dual sport bike
Jay Williamson Rewarded For Riding In Buffaloe 500
AMA Charter Life Member Jay Williamson of Hanna City, Ill., won a new Beta motorcycle simply for participating in the 2019 Buffaloe 500 hosted by Stoney Lonesome MC, a stop on the Beta AMA National Dual Sport Series.
Anyone who rode any of the 16 events in the 2019 Beta AMA National Dual Sport Series was automatically entered to win prizes from Beta, IMS Products, Kenda and Seat Concepts. Adventure Motorcycle Magazine (ADVMoto), also a sponsor of the series, offered a 20 percent discount for a magazine subscription.
“I cannot wash this smile off my face,” Williamson said when notified of his win. “I was riding a 2004 Honda at the dual sports and was waiting for my son to graduate college this year, so I could get a new machine. I am a blessed person to have received this prize.”
Williamson has been an AMA member since 1967.
The series brings riders to some of the most amazing single-track trail in the nation and incredible back roads through America’s countryside. Designed to provide a great off-road riding experience, these two-day events include challenging routes that are well marked and well designed.
Williamson picked up his new ride from his local Beta dealer.
The winner of a Seat Concepts motorcycle seat is Jason Hale of Desoto, Mo., who rode the Show Me 200 organized by Midwest Trail Riders.
Kenda tire winners included:
- Chris Cozine of Philadelphia, Pa., who rode the Durty Dabbers event organized by Durty Dabbers Motorcycle Club;
- Ian Roedts of York, Pa., who participated in the Hammer Run by Tri-County Sportsmen MC;
- Jeff Kuechenmeister of O’Fallon, Mo., who rode in the Tower Run by Perry Mountain Motorcycle Club;
- Steve Roof of Warrens, Wis., and Dan Robbins of New London, Wis., who rode the Wisconsin Dual Sport Riders’ Ride for Research;
- Anthony Curtis of Camarillo, Calif., and David Tullar of Alta Loma, Calif., who participated in the L.A. – Barstow to Vegas by AMA District 37 Dual Sport;
- Max Ryan of St. Louis, Mo., who participated in the Show Me 200 organized by Midwest Trail Riders;
- Peter Plassmann of Quinton, Va., who rode Washington Area Trail Riders’ Shenandoah 500; and
- Steve Dick of Sheboygan, Wis., who rode the Big Woods 200 by Wisconsin Dual Sport Riders.
IMS Products fuel tank winners included:
- Andre Puseman of Byron, Ill., who rode in the Big Woods 200 hosted by Wisconsin Dual Sport Riders;
- Keith Shafer of New Hope, Ala., and Darryl Grijalva of Lancaster, Calif., who rode L.A. – Barstow to Vegas by AMA District 37 Dual Sport;
- Mike Froelich of Escondido, Calif., who participated in the Big Bear Run by Big Bear Trail Riders; and
- Dave Jones of Sparrows Point, Md., who rode Hammer Run hosted by Tri-County Sportsmen MC.
The 2020 series schedule and detailed information about the events can be found at americanmotorcyclist.com/dualsport.