‘Lords of the Board Track’ AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Raffle Bike
You Could Win This Custom-Built Harley-Davidson Sportster
Builder Kevin Dunworth says the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame “Lords of the Board Track” raffle bike is a “modern interpretation” of one of motorcycling’s earliest racing disciplines.
This customized machine began life as a 2003 Harley-Davidson 100th Anniversary Edition Sportster XL 883 Custom.
It now offers a powerful combination of early 20th century styling and modern air-cooled V-twin performance.
The bike was a first for Dunworth. The Ocean City, Md., resident said he had worked on a couple of board-track replicas and some hardtail builds during his 20-plus years of customizing cars and motorcycles, but he described the “Lords of the Board Track” bike as a “far departure” from previous projects.
Dunworth said he based the design around the question, “What if there were still a board-track racing class?”
For a chance to win this bike, visit americanmotorcyclist.com/raffle-bike. Proceeds from the raffle benefit the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame.
- Displacement increased from 883cc to 1,200cc
- S&S Cycle cylinders, pistons, camshafts and lifters
- 40mm CV Performance carburetor
- Dyna ignition and Andrews coil
- Cone Engineering racing exhaust
- Hydraulically actuated clutch
- Billet throttle housing
- Paintwork: Kevin Dunworth (frame, fork, oil tank); Krossover Customs (headlight, gas tank, rear fender)
- Pinstriping: Jason Wharton (fork, frame, seat)Chassis
- Kevin Dunworth-fabricated gas tank
- TC Bros. hardtail frame kit
- Angie Dixon hand-stitched glove leather seat
- Troy Fabrication weld-on chain tensioner kitBrakes/Suspension/Wheels
- 39mm fork with upgraded fork springs
- Four-piston brake calipers/11.8-inch rotors
- 23-inch front wheel/21-inch rear wheel
- Custom rear brake caliper hanger
- Fox adjustable shock