AMERICAN MOTORCYCLIST January 2020
Realtor Supports Hall Of Fame
Sell A House, Have Part Of Commission Support Non-Profit
Selling a house is anxiety-inducing and complicated. Realtors make the process easier, but they don’t work for free. Their commission is their reward for finding a buyer and shouldering the stress so you can focus on what matters: buying your next house.
That’s all well and good, but now one California-based realtor and AMA member — Kristi Harden — is going above and beyond with the Generous Giving Program, which will donate a portion of her AARE commission to the American Motorcycle Heritage Foundation, the 501(c)(3) that the AMA established to raise money for the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame.
Here are the details:
• The donation is based on a percentage of the sale. For example, on a $250,000 to $399,999 sale, Harden will donate 15 percent of the commission to the nonprofit.
• Every penny of the donation supports the Hall of Fame’s purpose to collect, record, preserve and honor the rich history of motorcycling in America.
• The donation in no way impacts the proceeds or execution of the home sale and is paid entirely by AARE outside of the selling process.
• Donations are made on sales or leases of both commercial and residential properties.
• Only donations from participating sales generate funds for the AMHF, so sellers have to sign up.
• While Harden initiated the program, it is available to anyone working through an AARE-affiliated broker anywhere in the United States.
• In case you were wondering, yes, Kristi Harden is the wife of AMA Motorcycle Hall of Famer Scot Harden (and the sister of Hall of Famer Jack Johnson).
• Harden can be reached at Kristi@KristiHardenRealEstate.com or (951) 704-6370.
“Support from companies such as AARE is necessary for the Hall of Fame to continue its work honoring the great riders, ambassadors, industry leaders and rights advocates in motorcycling,” said AMA Chief Operations Officer Jeff Massey. “While neither the AMA nor the AMHF endorse or promote real estate brokerage services, we graciously welcome the support of Kristi Harden and AARE. This program is a generous, turnkey way for potential donors and supporters to supplement the fundraising efforts of the Foundation.”
More information about the program, including a chart of donation sizes per sale, see https://americanmotorcyclist.com/aare-generous-giving-program/.